Trustpoint.One is seeking an experienced Litigation Paralegal, with trial experience, to work with a leading non-profit organization in the Montgomery, Maryland area. This position is a long-term temporary role that may have the potential to become permanent in the future. The Litigation Paralegal will support a busy legal team with family-related cases. Duties and qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with docket maintenance, legal hold orders, e-discovery, witness interviews and document collection, and litigation management
- Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc.)
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
- Aid with case settlements
- eFiling in the Maryland Courts
The ideal Litigation Paralegal will have 3+ years of hands-on litigation experience including handling Maryland Court filings. Prior trial preparation experience is required; attendance at trial is a strong plus. Strong written, computer and communications skills are critical for this role, as is a compassionate demeanor. Bachelor’s Degree is required; additional Paralegal Certificate is a plus. MUST be open to in-office work during trials.
Interested and qualified Litigation Paralegals are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.