Great opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal, who has experience handling personal injury cases in Massachusetts, to join a law firm in their Hartford, CT office on a full-time, direct hire basis. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists attorney by communicating directly to all involved parties in a timely manner, investigates facts, conducts research, and obtains supporting documentation.
- Sends notice letters to all relevant insurers including but not limited to liability, uninsured, and underinsurance carriers and to each insurer of accident vehicle, personal vehicle, and resident vehicle where relations/relatives are evident.
- Gathers information and documents necessary for expediting claims handling and settlements.
- Processes PIP in Massachusetts which includes, ordering, obtaining, reviewing medical records, bills and statements.
- Obtains coverage limits for plaintiff, which may include owners, operators, passengers, or household relatives, and determines all applicable available insurance.
- Utilizes knowledge of health plan documents, coverage, deductibles, co-insurance, and co-payments.
- Obtains, tracks, reviews, and analyzes explanations of benefits, medical invoices, statements, payments, and adjustments.
- Obtains lien information, reconciles with medical bills, and reports to determine variances.
- Obtains lost wage documentation.
- Drafts Settlement documents.
- Bachelor's degree and two to four years of experience handling the paralegal responsibilities of personal injury litigation matters in Massachusetts, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Case Management Systems
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and project development skills
If you would like to learn more about the Litigation Paralegal position available in Hartford, CT, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.