Great opportunity for an experienced Litigation Project Manager to join a leading law firm in their Washington DC office on a direct hire basis. This person in this role will provide project planning and consulting to litigation teams on the best and most appropriate litigation technology to use on a case specific basis. The Project Manager is responsible for deadlines, budgets, and the scope of the case activities and will work with case teams and clients on eDiscovery and other related technical projects. The Project Manager will provide a case plan and will provide ongoing case, technical and software support to litigation team members, either directly or indirectly. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide day to day management of technical case work on large and complex cases
- Provide case plans and reports for assigned cases
- Act as client facing resource with respect to cases, eDiscovery practices, and the department’s processes in documentation, daily correspondence, training, and conference calls
- Maintain oversight and control of budget, scope, and timelines for assigned cases
- Utilize knowledge of eDiscovery software, litigation logistics, customer/client needs and vendor selection procedures to plan, design and execute appropriate information technology support necessary to improve efficiency for each case.
- Demonstrate knowledge of eDiscovery technology (Relativity) to streamline case practices and create time savings and cost savings
- Build effective working relationships with vendors to maintain quality control and consistency on eDiscovery
- Assess learning needs of legal teams to implement necessary training
- Experience as project management of complex, large, and demanding cases (3-5 years)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Project management and consulting experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree
- Project management, process management, management training
- Experience as a consultant and at a law firm
- Possesses or can obtain Relativity certification(s) within nine months of
- Previous eDiscovery/litigation support or similar legal experience required, including previous experience working independently with clients and litigation teams
- Minimum three years project management experience, including experience with managing eDiscovery, document coding, data collections, and scanning
- Experience with litigation support software (Relativity, Concordance, IPRO, LiveNote, CaseMap, TimeMap,
- DTSearch, Sanction, eCapture and other similar litigation support software), eDiscovery applications, network environments, word processing, relational database, and spreadsheet applications to coordinate technical resources for practice group support projects, including equipment, staffing and software/applications.
- Requires ability to explain and document requirements for litigation support and prepare ESI protocols and make recommendations for use to case teams
- Requires ability to explain and document requirements related process and software implementation
- Understanding of various data storage methodologies, including effective methods for extracting information from source data using evidentially defensible methods; strategies for converting extracted data to reviewable
- Requires ability to design, support, and manage complex electronic document reviews
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously while meeting deadlines and business
- Technical skills to develop project design specifications for litigation support, including identifying appropriate vendors and monitoring vendor work through lifecycle of projects
- Strong communication and customer service
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Negotiation skills for working with vendors to develop purchasing bids
- Ability to prepare and monitor project budgets and develop purchasing bids/agreements.
- Flexibility to work overtime or travel to regional office and/or trial locations, as required
If you would like to learn more about the Litigation Project Manager position available in Washington, DC, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.