Trustpoint.One has joined forces with a leading, global litigation Firm in their search for a Managing Clerk to support their NYC office. The Managing Clerk must have at least 5 years of experience in a Managing Clerk role and be well-versed in the rules of the NYC courts. The responsibilities will include:
- Supervise, delegate and track court filing, retrieval and information services assignments to staff
- Manage a small but busy team
- Maintain firm-wide court calendar and litigation docket
- Monitor the courts, court websites, as well as various on-line services for decisions, opinions and developments in all pending matters
- Assist Firm attorneys with court filings and service of process to ensure that they are timely and in compliance with court rules and procedures
- Provide electronic and paper court filing and service of process services
- Conduct training programs and continuing legal education for attorneys, paralegals and secretaries as to court rules, requirements and procedures, and docketing systems, policies and protocols
- Handle all issues arising from service of process, including engaging process servers, skip tracers, etc.
- Disseminate all knowledge of new court rules and procedures
The qualified Managing Clerk will have a Bachelor's degree; JD is a plus. 5+ years of Managing Clerk experience is required in addition to 3+ years of staff leadership experience. Demonstrated knowledge of New York federal, state, and local court rules, procedures, and practices is mandatory for this role in addition to having an expertise in federal court CM/ECF electronic filing and indexing protocols and rules. Must have experience with calendaring or docketing systems, such as, BEC Legal, MA3000 or CompuLaw.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy and thriving trial firm that offers a highly congenial environment!
Interested and qualified Managing Clerks are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.