Trustpoint.One is hiring a Mid-to-Senior Real Estate Finance Attorney who is client focused, organized, and has a team-oriented approach.
We are helping our client find a specialized search for a mid-to-senior level Real Estate Finance Associate Attorney. The candidate preferably has a minimum of 3 years of legal experience and has experience with affordable housing and tax credit programs experience.
The firm’s mission is to work with our clients and their businesses to provide tailored legal advice that meets their needs and goals. In addition, serving as a trusted advisor by guiding clients through the implementation of such strategies. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for helping business owners with a drive to make a difference.
- Commercial real estate finance experience with a solid understanding of real estate lending transactions.
- Experience with public finance for affordable housing transactions including representing institutional lenders, bond underwriters, developers, and municipal issuers in a wide range of tax-exempt and taxable housing financings around the country, including public offerings of bonds credit-enhanced by FHA, USDA, Ginnie Mae, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Advise clients on the structuring and federal income tax aspects of tax-exempt debt transactions, regularly engage with national credit rating agencies, and prepare cashflow projections and a variety of calculations required under the tax-exempt bond rules.
- Experience drafting and negotiating loan documents and other transaction documents, and performing due diligence review.
- Successful candidate will be a high performer who can demonstrate superior written and oral communication skills; have excellent academic credentials; possess good interpersonal skills for communicating with attorneys and clients.
- Be diligent and detail-oriented; and demonstrate an ability to work independently and productively.
- This is a great opportunity for an attorney looking to take the next step in their career by joining a dynamic team with growth potential.
- Current Maryland or D.C. Law License in good standing.
- At least 3 years of real estate finance experience.
- High degree of responsiveness.
- Advanced written communication, contract draft/review and memorandum skills.
- Ability to work independently and personal accountability for work and your work product
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas and develop new skills
- Demonstrate strong project and priorities management, and
- Ability to collaborate.
Salary is commensurate with industry knowledge and experience. Client offers a hybrid in-office / remote work schedule to provide greater flexibility.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustpoint.One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.