Great opportunity for an experienced Municipal Bond Attorney to join a law firm in Norfolk, VA on a remote basis for three months, possibly longer, to handle some municipal bond work for one of the firm’s clients. Ideally, the person in this position would occasionally work in the firm’s office in Norfolk, but the firm is open to considering candidates outside of the Norfolk area on a fully remote basis. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in all aspects of the bond process to ensure that the procurement of financing and sale of bonds complies with security, tax, finance and other laws.
- Writing financial documents for the sales of bonds and obtaining government approval of the bond sale.
- Structuring the bonds and drafting documents to submit to the required regulatory bodies to show the validity of the sale.
- Participating in any bond hearings
- Investigating the purpose of the bond and researching any applicable laws.
- Reviewing documentation provided by the municipality or bank to ensure its correctness and reliability in drafting other bond documents.
- Experience serving as bond, underwriter's, bank, borrower's, issuer's or trustee's counsel on municipal tax-exempt bond financings in Virginia.
- Actively licensed to practice in Virginia.
If you would like to learn more about the Municipal Bond Attorney position available on a remote basis, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.