Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a niche firm in Detroit, Michigan in its search for a temp to hire paralegal to assist with claims surplus proceeds from tax auctions and civil court filings in circuit court.
- Assist attorneys with preparing affidavits, legal correspondence and other documents.
- Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing system.
- Meeting with clients, attorneys, and other professionals to talk about case details.
- Filing pleadings with court clerk.
- Helping prepare for trial by organizing exhibits and assisting with other tasks as needed.
- Preparing briefs, contracts, real estate closing statements, pleadings, appeals, and other legal documents.
- Investigating facts and laws of cases and searching public records and other resources to prepare cases and determine causes of action.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity, including delivery of subpoenas.
- Develop a case file indexing system that can be used as an active archive for all ongoing and completed cases.
- Calling on witnesses to testify at hearings.
- Assisting lawyers in preparing for transactional closings, depositions, hearings, trials and conferences; completing many administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases or transactions.
- Investigating the factual evidence of a transaction or case and preparing exhibits, charts and diagrams to display information.
- Drafting legal court documents, such as pleadings, motions, affidavits and subpoenas;
transactional documents, such as trusts, wills, contracts and real estate leases; and closing documents.
- Conducting routine discovery.
- Obtaining due diligence materials, such as corporate certificates of good standing, real estate and title information, and securities filings.
- Organizing and tracking files for important transactions or case documents, including pleadings and voluminous discovery documents; creating and maintaining a case-management database.
- Transcribing and dictation are NOT needed in this role.
- Must have experience with efiling.
- Prior law firm experiences required.
- Associate degree; Bachelor’s and/or Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task, manage time-sensitive documents and have exceptional organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy, team-oriented environment.
- Office administration experience.
If you would like to learn more about the temp-to-hire Paralegal position in Detroit, Michigan, please submit your resume in Word format.