Trustpoint.One is recruiting a Senior Communications Specialist for a 3-month contract-to-hire position. Candidates will be responsible for efficiently managing communications with law firms and claimants in a professional fashion and performing complex review of class action related documents to provide excellent customer service while maintaining the integrity of class action claims data with tasks including data entry. This is a great opportunity to become an integral part of a busy and thriving legal team!
The Senior Communications Specialist position will require about 80% written email communication and about 20% phone communications.
Candidates will need to be local to Central Virginia as they will be using firm supplied computer equipment and there is a possibility of future in-office work once the COVID crisis subsides (date TBD).
The primary duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Handle complex verbal and written communications from law firms and claimants concerning settlement inquires. Perform outreach to law firms and claimants to answer questions.
- Act as a brand ambassador to represent the firm in a positive manner through written and verbal communication.
- Display courteous and professional dialogue whether through email or phone.
- Engage law firms and claimants by going the extra mile and providing outstanding customer service.
- Develop professional relationships and proactively address concerns.
- Follow Communications Team procedures when handling inquiries.
- Record notes in program database according to the procedures for each project.
- Review calls or claims to provide information to the law firm, client, and other counsel outside the firm.
- Review calls or claims submissions and apply completeness rules to determine completeness of required documentation.
- Review financial and/or medical records and apply complex methodology in order to value claims.
- Research and gather additional information on financial and medical terminology.
- Prepare correspondence to communicate benefit determinations.
The qualifications desired may include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- Minimum of two (2) years of legal experience required; exposure to class action litigation is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills to include the drafting of clear, concise emails and the presentation of questions that are pertinent to assignments.
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Excel skills highly desired.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Presentation of professional appearance, work standards, and demeanor that is reflective of a law firm setting.
- Capacity for performing tasks requiring high levels of analytical ability.
- Demonstrate flexibility to respond to and manage different tasks, often with competing priorities; and willingness to accept new task assignments.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Perform administrative duties that are subject to production requirements.
- Work with sensitive material that requires a high level of confidentiality.
The hourly pay rate will be $23.00 per hour and our client is targeting Tuesday, October 12th as the ideal start date (subject to change depending on candidate schedule/availability). The daily work schedule will be 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Please Note: all candidates for this position must either be vaccinated or plan to become vaccinated. Candidates will not be eligible for this position if they are not vaccinated, nor do they plan to be. All candidates who are approved for this role will be asked to complete a vaccination survey their first day.
We look forward to working with you. Interested candidates should submit a resume to Liz.Richmond@trustpoint.one for immediate consideration.