Trustpoint.One is pleased to be supporting a global entertainment company with its search for a Temporary Paralegal. This is a high volume job that is hybrid with LA-based candidates preferred for long term options.
The Temporary Paralegal will:
- Draft various types of talent and production agreements, prepare and maintain charts for various projects, research issues for ad hoc intellectual property and production requests, develop and update standard forms and templates, update databases, maintain all administrative duties with strong knowledge of legal processes and procedures, and work closely with studio attorneys and business affairs executives.
- Review, draft and, comment upon location agreements, equipment rental, clip license, and vendor agreements;
- Prepare nudity/simulated sex riders;
- Prepare VFX and Main Title Agreements;
- Gather and organize documentation for immigration filings and minor court approvals;
- Prepare paperwork for tax credit applications and Pence certification;
- Work under the supervision of senior attorneys on day-to-day production matters on current series;
- Draft guest talent riders;
- Handle clearance issues, review outlines and scripts, prepare E&O memos and review on-screen credits;
- Draft nondisclosure/confidentiality agreements,
- Review chain of title documents and underlying source materials (e.g., scripts, prior films, and books) and draft analyses in connection with development projects;
- Draft, review and compare drafts/versions of various legal documents, including standard terms;
- Conduct research, proof read existing work and prepare regular reports and summaries
- At least 3 years in a Paralegal role or 1-2 years in a junior attorney role at a studio, network or law firm;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of the studio business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs (including Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers and to go the extra mile without being asked;
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Hours are 8-5 EST with paid overtime. Qualified individuals interested in the Temporary Paralegal opening are encouraged to submit a current resume for immediate consideration.