https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png 0 0 Leslie Tucker https://trustpoint.one/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/T1-1.png Leslie Tucker2023-03-08 16:31:192023-03-08 16:31:19Patent Agent
Great opportunity for a Patent Agent with a background in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering, computer science or computer engineering to join a leading regional law firm, ideally in one of their offices in South Carolina or North Carolina on a direct hire basis. While an in-person role is the strong preference, the firm may consider a remote work arrangement. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working with attorneys and other staff to prepare and prosecute patent applications and to provide other patent-related services.
- Will be trained as needed, including on how to identify inventions through technical discussions with inventors, draft comprehensive patent applications, shepherd patent applications through the USPTO and other patent offices globally, including responding to Office Actions, provide instructions to non-U.S. patent attorneys and agents, analyze patent portfolios, provide client counseling, and carry out other intellectual property related activities.
- Working closely with experienced lawyers who will provide active mentoring and opportunities to assume increasing levels of responsibility, including direct client contact.
- Working closely on large and small client service teams to provide business-oriented client patent procurement and related intellectual property services.
- Strong technical background and excellent writing skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific or engineering field is required.
- Eager to learn.
- Must be registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
If you would like to learn more about the Patent Agent position available in one of several offices in South Carolina or North Carolina, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.