Great opportunity for an experienced Patent Agent to join a leading international law firm in Boston on a direct hire basis to join their IP-Life Sciences Practice Group. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Performing prior art searches and analysis
- Patentability analysis
- Engage in practice development activities to build and maintain client relationships.
- Prepare substantive client correspondence.
- Instruct foreign filings and Office Actions.
- Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects
Experience / Qualifications
- An advanced degree in life science/biology based degrees with excellent academic credentials
- At least two years of relevant law firm based patent prosecution experience in the fields of chemistry, biology or biomedical engineering
- A solid foundational experience prosecuting patents
- A registered Patent Agent
- Strong research, writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
If you would like to learn more about the Patent Agent position available in Boston then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.