Trustpoint One has partnered with and AMAZING mid-sized law firm in their search for a talented Patent Litigation Paralegal! Excellent work life balance with AMAZING salary! Direct hire Opportunity located in San Francisco proper.
- Collaborating with the USPTO, attorneys, liaisons, foreign associates, and staff.
- Extracting relevant IP information from official USPTO databases and correspondence.
- Generating docket reports, performing IP docketing, and tracking deadlines.
- Assist with all aspects of discovery, including organizing documents, maintaining electronic databases and coordinating document productions, Bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents.
- Assisting attorneys with patent filing by resolving discrepancies, errors, and omissions.
- Maintaining IP records and reviewing files.
- Cite check briefs and have a good understanding of the BlueBook
- Create tables of contents and tables of authorities for briefs and memoranda
- Conduct factual research, including performing initial case assessments and document searches; creating and maintaining internal case databases; running searches on internal and external document databases and systems, as needed; culling relevant information from a variety of resources such as newspapers, magazines, libraries, case documents and trade associations.
- Prepare witness and matter materials for case preparation.
- Organize memos, digests and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Locate and interview witnesses, and assist in preparing selected witnesses for trial.
- Assist with trial preparation and trials.
- Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents, coordinate trial set-up and logistics.
- Minimum of 3+ years litigation paralegal experience in a fast-paced litigation department of a law firm.
- Proficiency in legal terminology and electronic databases, including the USPTO's Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS).
- Experience in managing IP records and generating docket reports.
- Extensive knowledge of patent filing and review.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; paralegal certificate is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and investigative skills; excellent communication skills, including listening skills, and writing skills; able to prioritize deadlines.
- Experience with USPTO database
Please submit your resume via the link below in WORD format!