Great opportunity for a Litigation Paralegal, who has experience handling the pre-litigation phase of personal injury cases, to join a law firm in their Hartford, CT office on a full-time, direct hire basis. This paralegal will be responsible for preparing client files to achieve the best possible settlement, regardless of whether the case goes to trial. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Communicating with all involved parties in a timely manner, performing factual research, analyzing documents, and analyzing insurance, medical, and third party recoveries.
- Setting expectations and providing guidance to clients, instilling confidence in the firm and team.
- Developing case strategy with and providing case reviews to supervisor.
- Identifying cases' relevant parties, liabilities, and issues.
- Reviewing files at inception or upon receipt for updating.
- Collecting, analyzing, organizing, and maintaining factual information and documents in accordance with correct legal practices, procedures, and firm protocols.
- Obtaining, analyzing, and summarizing medical records.
- Preparing legal documents including affidavits, pleadings, briefs, and legal correspondence.
- Locating witnesses.
- Summarizing testimonies and transcripts.
- Drafting settlement documentation including demand letters, powers of attorney, settlement statements, and releases.
- Developing and maintaining a working relationship with clients to ensure the expeditious gathering of facts and information necessary for litigation or settlement activities.
- Directing and coordinating law office activity for team, including subpoenas, police reports, and medical records.
- Performs Paralegal Case Manager job duties as needed.
- Assists the receptionist and support services and answers intake calls as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and two to four years of experience handling the pre-litigation phase of personal injury matters, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Case Management Systems
- Paralegal certification preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and project development skills
If you would like to learn more about the Pre-Litigation Paralegal position available in Hartford, CT, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.