Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a local governmental office in its search for a Prosecutor. The attorney will work a hybrid schedule with offices ideally situated on Colorado’s Western Slope. The office promotes work-life balance encouraging employees to take advantage of all the Western Slope has to offer. Attorneys applying for this position will be expected to take a holistic approach to justice. This position requires people to consider community perspectives, have a firm understanding of restorative justice practices, and take into account best practices when prosecuting cases.
Prosecutor’s Job Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a caseload of criminal cases and perform all necessary duties to direct cases through the criminal justice system
- Review evidence and make initial charging decisions
- Make appropriate plea offers; work with victims; appear in court and prepare witnesses
- Interact with defense attorneys
- Collaborate with law enforcement. Seek and guide additional investigation where necessary
- Respond to crime scene as requested to provide suggestions to police regarding scope of investigation and preservation of evidence
- Prepare limited correspondence in instances where out of court communication requires documentation, e.g. advising defense of exculpatory evidence
- Conduct all phases of a criminal trial from initial charging to sentencing hearings
- Research and respond to defense motions, including motions for the suppression of evidence
- Draft and present briefs to the Court advocating the People's position regarding legal issues raised during motions practice
- Review affidavits for probable cause for arrest and search warrants
- Utilize computer case management software and relevant programs for digital evidence
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to seeking justice, preserving community safety, and improving the criminal justice system;
- Exhibit leadership through working relationships with law enforcement, the judiciary, the defense bar, victim groups, and the community
- Commitment to working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Juris Doctor
- Must be licensed to practice in Colorado or qualify for reciprocity.
- Maintain weekly courtroom appearances
- Prosecutorial experience is a plus
- Criminal law experience is a plus.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.