Trustpoint One is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal with banking, finance & securities experience to provide general assistance to a project team in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Participate in due diligence and other reviews of client records and files and conduct statutory, regulatory, or factual research;
- Under the supervision of an attorney, draft, edit, conform, and otherwise assist in the preparation of legal documents and correspondence;
- Order and review title work and surveys;
- Identify title and survey issues, negotiate title coverage and changes to surveys in order to correct title defects and issue clear title;
- Verify accuracy of final insurance policies and surveys;
- Obtain services from outside contractors, including research services, filing services, duplicating services, bindery services, and printers and process billing and disbursement paperwork in connection with those services;
- Organize, prepare for, and attend closings, including assisting attorneys in preparing closing documents, reviewing settlement statements, setting up the closing, overseeing the execution, recordation (if necessary), and delivery of agreements and documents, and handling post-closing matters.
- BA/BS degree required; Paralegal certificate is desired but not required;
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Real Estate Paralegal, preferably in the real estate department of a large law firm;
- Banking, Finance and Securities experience;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to organize self and others;
- Must possess strong analytical, research and communication skills, proficiency with computer-based word processing, spreadsheet and database applications and Internet research, and a willingness to learn;
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
If you’d like to learn more about the Real Estate Paralegal position in Cleveland, Ohio, please submit your resume in Word format to email@example.com.