Trustpoint.One has partnered with a leading financial institution in their search for an Attorney with strong financial clearinghouse experience for a 6+ month remote project. The Regulatory Clearinghouse Attorney will support the financial institution’s regulatory department during their busiest time of year, when State and Federal laws are updated and revised. The Clearinghouse Attorney will be responsible for a variety of duties that include:
- Perform analysis and interpretation of new and changed State and Federal banking and lending laws
- Draft Clearinghouses and Requirements of new laws and their impact on the bank’s different business lines
- Support the Bank’s subject matter experts with updated information that might potentially impact the bank
- Summarize new and revised state and federal regulations relevant to financial institution for dissemination to legal and non-legal professionals
- Identify and drafts legal requirements/obligations related to new and revised regulations in succinct and easy to understand language to ensure bank’s compliance
- Interact with SMEs and various business lines to ensure proper interpretation and dissemination of new regulatory requirements
- Conduct multi state surveys in support of new product development on an as needed basis
- Review inventories of state and federal regulations that were previously processed for gaps and addresses such gaps on an as needed basis
The qualified Regulatory Clearinghouse Attorney will have at least one year of experience working on regulatory matters in addition to strong, demonstrated writing skills. Prior experience at a financial institution or in a regulatory role is key. Must be a Member, in good standing, of at least one US State Bar. Writing sample must be provided. East coast time zone location is strongly preferred.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide support to a very busy department!
Interested and qualified Regulatory Clearinghouse Attorneys are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.