Trustpoint.One is hiring a Senior Exit Planning Attorney in the DETROIT METRO AREA who is client focused, organized, and has a team-oriented approach.
We are helping our client find a specialized Corporate and Exit Planning senior attorney for ON CALL/ AS NEEDED positions. The candidate preferably has 5- 8 years of legal experience and is seeking a flexible schedule with the ability to work remotely within the southeastern Michigan area.
The firm’s mission is to work with our clients and their businesses to provide tailored legal advice that meets their needs and goals. In addition, serving as a trusted advisor by guiding clients through the implementation of such strategies. We are looking for candidates that have a passion for helping business owners with a drive to make a difference.
Essential Job responsibilities:
- Representation of Firm in transactional matters that arise from day-to-day operations consistent with Firm policies and procedures.
- Analyze, summarize, and negotiate contracts through execution and other transactional matters including exit/succession planning documents, corporate and construction contracts, real estate purchases and sales agreements, leases, bid documents, safety manuals, employee handbooks.
- Assist business owners' transition and/or grow their businesses through the Firm EXIT Planning Process. Exit planning is the complete strategy for exiting a privately held company. It involves analyzing the financial, legal and tax options and repercussions for leaving an organization.
- Assist business owners' transition and/or grow their businesses through the Firm ESTATE Planning Process. Estate planning is designing a strategy to provide for the administration of assets upon incapacity or death.
- Review and analyze proposed business transactions under the law for clients based on their needs and goals.
- Review and analyze applicable law to advise client leadership teams to ensure legal conformance and compliance with corporate strategy and policies.
- Develop and deliver educational articles, media content, presentations and/or programs relevant to Firm Services.
- Management of construction lien and bond related items for clients.
- Current Michigan Law License in good standing.
- At least 5 years of corporate legal or law firm experience with emphasis in business, corporate, estate, exit/succession planning, construction and/or contracts.
- Experience with exit and corporate succession planning.
- Experience with estate planning.
- High degree of responsiveness.
- Advanced written communication, contract draft/review and memorandum skills.
- Ability to work independently and personal accountability for work and your work product
- Internally motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas and develop new skills
- Demonstrate strong project and priorities management, and
- Ability to collaborate.
- 5+ years of experience in or with business-related matters outside of the legal field.
- 5+ years of experience in corporate and transactional law.
- Experience with construction contracts and construction industry at large.
- Experience in real estate transactions and lease contracts.
Salary is commensurate with industry knowledge and experience. This is a TEMPORARY/ AS NEEDED/ ON CALL position. Our Client occasionally needs additional assistance with workload. Client offers a hybrid in-office / remote work schedule to provide greater flexibility.
For immediate consideration please submit resume and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustpoint.One provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.