Trustpoint.One is seeking a Senior Network Engineer/Info Sec Engineer in Denver, CO. This is a full-time permanent position with the ability to work remotely 3 - 4 days per week.
Senior Network/Info Sec Engineer –
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for supporting eDiscovery applications and services and effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems software/hardware and related infrastructure. In addition, this individual ensures that software systems, hardware, and related procedures adhere to organizational values and participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science with a minimum of five to ten years’ experience in network security and performance
- Preferred certifications: CompTIA Security+, Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA-Security), MCSE
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, familiarity with Linux
- Knowledge about IaaS / SaaS models and cloud computing
- Strong cybersecurity and awareness skills
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Experience in using forensic tools
- Strong communication skills and decision-making skills, team player
- Nice to have: Certified ethical hacking, GIAC security certifications, EC-Council certified security analyst, Compliance ISO/SOC experience.
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities and penetration testing/mitigation.
- Provide day-to-day support for eDiscovery applications which includes the underlying systems.
- Install, configure, update systems to support infrastructure applications such as SQL.
- Perform regular case file archival and purge as necessary.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from software/hardware failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform vulnerability scans.
- Providing Timely and Relevant Security Reports
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
Position is located in either Atlanta or Denver. We will need you to visit the office or data center 1 to 2 days a week; otherwise, you work remotely. This is a full-time position, base hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST. This position will work longer hours, weekends and night during system issues or maintenance windows.
For immediate consideration, please submit resume and salary requirements to Jobs.firstname.lastname@example.org
Trustpoint.One is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, or military service