Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a leading international law firm in its search for a Senior Real Estate Paralegal for its Washington, DC office. This hybrid position is an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment and provides a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
This position requires 7+ years of commercial real estate experience, ideally from another law firm.
The Senior Real Estate Paralegal applies transactional and legal knowledge on Real Estate matters to provide assistance to lawyers. In this capacity, the Senior Real Estate Paralegal will:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work;
- Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Assist with legal business transactions, and logistics, including local/remote set-up and travel arrangements;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- Extensive experience reviewing titles and surveys, as well as preparing title reports and closing binders;
- Experience performing UCC searches and document review, in addition to corporate searches and organizing due diligence documents;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Advanced proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Advanced proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Advanced knowledge of Firm and Real Estate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Advanced knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications;
- Advanced knowledge of legal billing processes;
- At least 7 years of Paralegal experience;
- At least 7 years of relevant Real Estate experience;
- Notary Public (preferred); and
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate; Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
Compensation & Benefits:
Employees will be provided with an excellent career opportunity in a collaborative environment, in addition to a generous total compensation package with the opportunity to earn bonuses based on individual contribution and firm profitability.
Salary: Up to $130,000.00 per year, depending upon experience
Eligible employees can participate in the Firm’s comprehensive benefits program, which include the following:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Long Term Care, and Short and Long Term Disability;
- Voluntary 401k plan and profit sharing
- 10 paid holidays per year, and a generous PTO program
- Family Support including Paid Parental Leave and Fertility coverage
- Bright Horizons (Back-up child care, elder care and online tutoring)
- Dependent Care
- Wellness programs (Employee Assistance Program, mental health and well-being events)
- Anniversary Bonus Program
- Professional Development Programs
- Transportation Allowance and Commuter Benefits
- Auto/Home/Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20036: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Qualified individuals who are interested in the Senior Real Estate Paralegal opening should submit a resume for immediate consideration.