Trustpoint.One, a leader in the world of managed legal services is currently accepting applications for a Senior Systems Engineer. This is primarily a full time 40 hour remote position requiring periodic on-call availability on weekends for issues and system updates This position could require occasional long hours and weekend work for issues and system updates as well as periodic travel to other office locations.
The Senior Systems Engineer is accountable for the performance and ongoing health of company Applications, Information, and Technical architecture and enabling the development and assembly of technology components that result in an enterprise architecture implementation. He/She is accountable for driving technology evaluation and selection and designing reusable technical assets and standards to support solution development as well as researching, demonstrating and providing guidance on emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Produce appropriate design artifacts representing desired changes in technical architecture
- Build consensus among technical staff by evaluating potential solutions.
- Facilitate technical design reviews.
- Elicit, articulate and critique functional and system requirements
- Consult with project teams on application capacity requirements and develop capacity models
- Develop high-level estimates in support of business case development
- Advocate and enforce the adoption of architecture standards such as technical design patterns and canonical data models
- Define and document application development principles, standards, and best practices.
- Participate in application rationalization, developing multi-year application architecture roadmaps.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and the evolution of current technologies.
- Provide technical thought leadership and hands-on support
- Drive change, and embrace appropriate IT evolution
- Communicate clearly, powerfully, and effectively to small and large groups
- Share Enterprise Architecture knowledge with project teams
- Mentor technical resources in project teams.
- Define best practice design and modeling methodologies.
- Facilitate architecture reviews.
- Establish yourself as a trusted technical advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
- Help with a large on call rotation including remote or after-hours support team.
- Be prepared to manage, monitor and help with vendors such as Citrix, Nutanix, VMWare, Open-E, Sophos, Veem and many others.
- BS Degree, Technical School training or extensive experience in lieu of education required
- Two plus years experience as a Systems Engineer supporting Windows, Linux, and related operating systems in a sophisticated technical environment
- Hands-on experience with technologies such as NetApp, VMWare, Dell Unity, and networking. Some experience with Arista is preferred
- Cisco experience required
- Working knowledge of Relativity, Reveal, I-pro and other E-Discovery tools helpful
- AWS, Azure and automation experience a plus.
- Managed legal services or law firm experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
For immediate consideration please submit resume and salary requirements in confidence to email@example.com