Trustpoint One is proud to collaborate with a fast paced, growing and busy personal injury firm in Bellaire, Texas its search for an experienced Settlement Coordinator to manage the settlement phase of assigned cases. The ideal candidate will be goal-driven, detail oriented, and able to work in a fast-paced, high volume, team environment. Legal professionals with the ability to organize, prioritize and structure workflow are encouraged to apply.
Settlement Coordinator Job Responsibilities:
- Negotiate reductions from medical providers, ensuring medical providers are properly paid, and for delivering the final settlement check to the client;
- Generate all documentation related to the processing of a case;
- Prepare legal papers, correspondence and settlement packets;
- Obtain reductions from medical providers, hospitals and/or any other party that is owed monies as a result of the client's case as applicable;
- Work with the Firm Administrator to ensure Insurance checks are properly deposited in the Trust account, that checks are properly issued to lien holders and clients, and that the Firm's fees and costs are properly paid;
- Document all case files in the Notes and properly label all correspondence in the case filing system (Needles Neos);
- Maintain medical record and bill inventory, and regularly verify treating providers to ensure the client's case file is current;
- Research through the County Recorder's office for liens including medical; med-pay, child support, tax, etc.;
- Ensure the Records Tab matches the Value Tab and update the Value Tab with new information as soon as it is received with regard to advances, health insurance liens, provider liens and super liens;
- Work with insurance adjusters, defense counsel and clients to coordinate the signing of release documents;
- Verify Medicare claims have been filed, file them as necessary, and actively move them toward conclusion;
- Perform other clerical duties as needed such as scheduling appointments, providing information to callers, composing and typing routine correspondence, and reading and responding to incoming mail.
- Minimum 3 years of Paralegal experience;
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree;
- Thorough understanding of auto insurance policies and how they are applicable to each client's case;
- Understanding of health insurance billing processes and procedures to ensure clients receive maximum benefits;
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office programs;
- Must be able to multitask and handle issues quickly and tactfully with all staff levels and the public and maintain client confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast paced and high volume environment;
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Superior time-management and customer service skills.
If you meet the requisite qualifications, please submit your resume in Word format.