Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a not-for-profit in need of a Staff Attorney on a temporary basis to manage grant funded projects and support programming, training and education. The position may become permanent and has the flexibility for remote work within the Chicago area.
Staff Attorney Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, write speeches, memoranda, articles, frequently for publication.
- Provide substantive advice, information and make policy recommendations.
- Serve as principal expert on a substantive area of law or public policy. This includes contacts with government entities and with the media.
- Give presentations and/or teach on legal and public policy issues. Act as a consultant designing substantive content of events, developing model documents, and conducting trainings.
- Manage substantive/legal project aspects. Oversee research, report-writing, and publication.
- Coordinate or support member sub-groups and coordinate with external constituencies. Manage
- Analyze laws, regulations, court rules and policies/policy proposals; prepare memoranda of law or on public policy; provide legal counsel.
- Research, draft, write, review and critique legislative/rule/policy or regulatory text. Manage policy adoption process.
- Secure outside funding; write grants; deal with grantmakers.
- Juris Doctor Degree and active bar admission in at least one jurisdiction.
- At least 4 years working in relevant specialized area of law.
- Malpractice and/or ethics and professional liability experience is preferred.
- High level of legal writing and research skills, oral and written communications, and organizational skill.
- Substantial experience in policy analysis.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume for immediate consideration.