Trustpoint One is seeking a Supervising Attorney in Harlingen, Texas to ensure compliance with current funding contract(s) as to the provision of legal services to detained immigrant adults or detained unaccompanied minors.
Supervising Attorney Job Responsibilities:
- Hires, trains, and oversees the work of Senior Attorneys, Staff Attorneys, Accredited
Representatives, Paralegals, and Legal Assistants.
- Ensures compliance with current funding contract(s) as to the provision of legal services.
- Seeks and develops opportunities for training on relevant issue areas to further work of legal staff.
- Seeks and develops team building and other staff retention measures. Provide
coaching, counseling, leadership, performance feedback, and, where appropriate, applies
discipline to and through subordinates.
- Routinely reports to Legal Director and other senior leaders regarding issues related to
the provision of legal services to detained immigrant adults and/or unaccompanied minors. Develops strategies to address challenges.
- Maintains and develops materials and documents for support of the legal staff.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA-accredited law school and be in good standing, and two years’ of experience in representing clients on immigration matters.
- Licensed to practice law in a U.S. state or territory. Texas bar preferred.
- Two years’ experience in representing clients on immigration matters.
- Prior work experience with clients, particularly from Central America and including Mayan language-speaking populations is preferred;
- Prior volunteer, community, non-profit or work experience regarding immigration or detention is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish in written and spoken forms.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google tools.
- Must be able to pick on client visual and verbal cues.
- Have reliable transportation to travel to off-site work locations.
- Must be insurable and have an acceptable driving record.
- This position requires the ability to travel to and enter care provider facilities funded by
the Office of Refugee Resettlement, Administration for Children and Families, United States
Department of Health and Human Services which provide housing and services to
- This position will require the provision of legal services to unaccompanied children in such care provider facilities.
If you would like to learn more about the Supervising Attorney position in Harlingen, Texas please submit your resume in Word format.