Trustpoint One is assisting the Atlanta office of a top tier law firm in its search for a Senior Legal Assistant to provide administrative and litigation project support and manage workflow for three or more timekeepers. This is a temp to perm position.
Senior Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Draft correspondence, memoranda, and other legal documents;
- Answers telephone calls, takes messages or forward callers to voicemail system;
- Reads, sorts, and date stamps incoming mail. Ensures that outgoing mail is timely delivered;
- Establishes and maintains calendar, contact lists, and deadline reminder systems.
- Arrange for court reporters and/or videotape technicians.
- Requests new files through Business Intake and requests and follows up on conflict of interest checks with Records Department. Maintains attorney and general office files. Reviews and prepares files to for closing when matters are complete.
- Greets clients and visitors; maintains good customer service with external and internal clients;
observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Makes appointments and travel arrangements for attorney(s).
- Enters attorney time into the timekeeping system.
- Work with Billing Department and billing attorney to review and revise billing proformas. Assist in finalizing bills for client mailing.
- Work closely with administrative support staff (word processing, receptionists, Business Intake, Office Services, accounting and billing, etc.).
- Review case files (mostly electronic) and organize files, including placing electronic documents received from the courts and/or served by counsel into these files, and circulating copies of filings to internal and external teams;
- Review, format, and file/serve pleadings, discovery, communications, including cite checking, etc.
- Prepare and serve deposition notices and subpoenas;
- Identify documents to be used at depositions, trials, or hearing and assemble notebooks;
- Summarize deposition transcripts;
- Drafting standard motions and stipulations;
- Attend trial to take notes and handle exhibits and for all other trial support as needed;
- Basic familiarity with Georgia and Federal Rules and Civil Procedure; and
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred;
- Paralegal certificate preferred but not required;
- Notary Public preferred;
- Administrative or legal secretarial experience;
- Minimum of five years high-level litigation project/paralegal support;
- Proficient in computer applications including experience with Windows 7/Microsoft 2010 Suite;
- Proficient with software and terminology relevant to practice group area;
- Working knowledge of internet use for research purposes.
- Working knowledge of the court system and procedures, if applicable to practice group area.
- Excellent proofreading skills and accuracy. Perform minor editing (e.g. punctuation, grammar,
spelling) of routine law office correspondence and legal case matters;
- Excellent organization skills and able to prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time restraints.
If you would like to learn more about the Senior Legal Assistant position in Atlanta, please submit your resume in Word format.