Great opportunity for an experienced Trusts & Estates Paralegal to join a banking organization in Ann Arbor on a temporary basis. The Estate Analyst assists in the administration of estate and estate trust accounts by marshaling and valuing all assets for Federal Estate Tax purposes. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the administration of estate and estate trust accounts by marshaling assets and assisting the administrative offer with valuing all assets for Federal Estate Tax purposes.
- This position is assigned to a specific Administrative Officer who will provide substantial supervision and direction of duties.
- Responsible for 40-50 estates and valuing and/or collecting assets of these accounts
- Manage the personal property and the decedent's residence when a rental (nursing homes, apartments, etc.)
- Prepare Estate Inventories and Schedules of Property listing all assets and their values.
- Review legal documents such as deeds to real estate, titles to automobiles, titling of accounts, beneficiary designations, contractual agreements, buy-sell agreements, etc. and calculate appropriate value for tax reporting and distribution purposes.
- Investigate and evaluate tax returns and documents provided by family members, attorneys, certified public accountants (CPAs) and other sources to determine all assets reportable for a decedent's estate.
- Independently respond to questions and address concerns from beneficiaries, accountants, attorneys, co-Trustees, internal support groups.
- Interact with various internal service departments and act as a liaison with outside professionals, maintaining responsibility for the account until all issues are resolved.
- Proficient with ComTRAC coding, account opening procedures on Lotus Notes, account closing procedures, bill paying, check requests/distributions, monitoring daily cash positions for overdrafts and exceptions, monitor and post fees.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Paralegal Certificate Preferred
- Prior Paralegal and Estate Planning experience
- 5 years as Administrative Assistant
- 3 years creating correspondence, emails, presentations, and speaking with clients.
- 2 years’ experience handling and prioritizing a variety of detailed tasks at the same time in a deadline environment
- Good math skills
- Possess problems solving skills, customer focus, process management, organization, written communication, and priority setting.
If you would like to learn more about the Estate Analyst position available in Ann Arbor, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.