Great opportunity for an experienced Paralegal or Legal Assistant, in the Eastern Time Zone, to lead a project for a corporate legal department on a remote basis for about 9 months, with the option to select a schedule anywhere from 30 to 40 hours per week. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitating the filing of U.S. and Foreign patent and trademark formalities (i.e., assignments, declarations, etc.) connected to M&A activity.
- Interacting with the vendor responsible for creating the necessary filings and ensuring that the project is organized and on track.
- Dealing with the different formalities and procedures of the various Patent & Trademark Offices throughout the world.
- Troubleshooting and resolving any objections raised by any Patent &Trademark Office, including interacting with various internal resources to secure the information necessary to address those objections.
- Maintaining files/databases.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal or a legal assistant supporting attorneys in an intellectual property practice in a corporate or law firm environment.
- Experience with foreign and domestic patent and trademark filings and/or some experience facilitating the transition of intellectual property as a result of a merger or acquisition is required.
- The ability to work with moderate direction and to identify issues/problems that you need assistance in resolving.
- Research skills, legal administration skills, organization, planning, and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent PC skills with advanced level skills in all Microsoft Office applications effectively.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to drive a project forward.
If you would like to learn more about the Temporary IP Paralegal position available on a remote basis, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.