Trustpoint One is assisting a client in Harlingen, Texas in its search for a Temporary Bilingual Legal Assistant. The Legal Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support by answering phone calls received primarily in the Spanish language, maintaining updated data in department databases, responding to e-mails and information requests, assisting Attorneys, Accredited Representatives, and/or Paralegal staff with tasks such as typing case notes, filing relevant documentation, and preparation of routine reports.
- Enters case activity data and maintains the data integrity of case management systems.
- Monitors status of pending items and provides updates/feedback to appropriate legal team members.
- Monitors voice messages, answers phone calls received primarily in the Spanish language, and responds to office e-mails.
- Provides administrative support and assistance to assigned legal staff through preparation of legal filings, and documents (e.g., immigration applications, translations, correspondence etc.) as directed.
- Accesses, processes, and ensures the confidentiality and control of client information.
- Conducts and assists with coordination and tracking of other legal services as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Fluency in Spanish and English in written and spoken forms.
- Possession of a high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Intermediate proficiency in both the Microsoft Office Suite of products and with Google tools and performance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge and familiarity with court proceedings.
If you would like to learn more about the Legal Assistant Position in Harlingen, Texas please
submit your resume in Word format.