Trustpoint.One is assisting a government agency in its search for several Legal Assistants. This long-term contract role (at least 1+ years) will start as early as June 1, 2021 and will be based in NYC. This is an exciting opportunity to support a busy Litigation team with duties that include:
- Performs database searches, exports reports, and other data retrieval assignments using established network databases including Westlaw, Lexis, Relativity, and CaseView
- Support investigative and trial teams by preparing subpoenas, uploading/organizing subpoena returns, preparing discovery and assisting in discovery productions, and creating trial exhibits
- Perform moderately complex litigation support tasks, including discovery productions, detailed review and analysis of case materials in a broad range of subject matters, such as financial records, health care materials, and other litigation files
- Creation of logs for subpoena returns and discovery purposes
- Draft legal documents for attorneys’ review – including motions and responses to defense pleadings
- Prepare complete detailed indexing of case files, creating witness binders, and preparing depositions and trial exhibits
The qualified candidate must have at least 1 year of experience supporting litigation Attorneys. Any additional experience working on government matters is a large plus. Must be flexible for local travel to assist with trial preparation.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a resume, in Word format, for immediate consideration.