Trustpoint One is seeking a Litigation Paralegal for a temporary position with a top client in Rancho Cordova, California.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Assists three insurance defense trial attorneys in legal case preparation and file management for moderate to complex matters;
- Legal research, drafting routine to complex pleadings and motions, including affidavits, motions for summary judgment, discovery responses, subpoenas and/or privilege logs, and obtaining, reviewing, summarizing and analyzing documents, deposition transcripts, reports, medical records and discovery;
- Meeting with and preparing witnesses for deposition, and drafting and reviewing discovery responses with clients;
- Prepares exhibits and other demonstrative evidence, and assists attorney in trial preparation;
- Utilize resources to identify and retain experts;
- Utilize database and file management system to calendar deadlines;
- Communicate with claims professionals regarding insurance policies and terms;
- Capture time and records billable time in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Utilize technology to respond efficiently to discovery requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Paralegal Certificate from an ABA-Certified program preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a litigation Paralegal required;
- Insurance related experience preferred;
- General knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred;
- Highly proficient in using legal research software (e.g. Westlaw, Pacer), Microsoft Office and PDF Software.
If you’d like to learn more about the temporary Litigation Paralegal position in Rancho Cordova, California please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.