Great opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to assist attorneys in a corporate legal department in Baytown, TX, on a long-term (1 year+) temporary basis. The paralegal will be assigned to the Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant Group. Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handling formatting of U.S. and Foreign patent applications and patent formalities (i.e., patent assignments, declarations, etc.)
- Assisting attorneys with responses to U.S. and Foreign patent offices
- Interacting with clients/inventors
- Maintaining dockets and ensuring attorneys are aware of upcoming deadlines
- Invoice verification and processing
- Conducting research, organizing files, and maintaining records.
- Coordinating and gathering input across multiple corporate disciplines including: Accounting, HR, Risk Management and Procurement.
- Maintaining files/database
- Supporting on-going projects and monitor compliance with contract requirements/certifications.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal supporting attorneys in an intellectual property practice in a corporate or professional business environment.
- The ability to work with moderate direction and to identify issues/problems that you need assistance in resolving.
- Research skills, legal administration skills, organization, planning, and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent PC skills with advanced level skills in all Microsoft Office applications effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working on multiple projects with more than one team member simultaneously, adjusting to changing priorities and follow through on all assignments.
- Must be able to maintain security of highly confidential information; discretion and confidentiality required
- Must be able to work self-directed with an ability to multi-task
If you would like to learn more about the Temporary Paralegal position available in Baytown, TX, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.