Trustpoint One has partnered with a leading international law firm in its search for a Trademark Paralegal to join the Intellectual Property Practice Group in Washington, D.C. The position will be responsible for providing assistance to attorneys in all aspects of trademark portfolio management, copyright portfolio management, and IP due diligence. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing applications for trademark and service mark registration.
- Preparing ancillary prosecution and maintenance filings.
- Preparing Trademark Trial and Appeal Board filings and trademark record title update filings.
- Assisting with trademark and copyright due diligence.
- Performing online preliminary trademark clearance searches, and preparing search guides.
- Preparing applications for copyright registrations.
- Drafting correspondence to clients and local counsel regarding trademark prosecution and maintenance issues.
- Keeping attorneys apprised of upcoming deadlines and coordinating with attorneys to keep clients updated of same.
- Performing other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years of trademark experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- A paralegal Certificate is strongly preferred, as is trademark prosecution experience.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of legal research and investigation skills.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to prioritize workload, assignments, and client needs.
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands, and function as an integral part of a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrated and effective planning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivation and will exercise sound judgment.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Basic working knowledge of Computer Packages Inc. (CPI) docketing system, Thomson CompuMark SAEGIS™ and/or other similar online trademark databases.
If you would like to learn more about the Trademark Paralegal position available in Washington, D.C., then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.