Trustpoint One is pleased to partner with a national law firm in its search for an experienced transactional paralegal for its Minneapolis office. This is a hybrid position.
The successful candidate will have corporate experience, with some real estate background. The paralegal will work with 2 attorneys in Minneapolis and one attorney in Baltimore and report to the Office Manager in Minneapolis.
Assignments will include both billable and non-billable matters. The work performed requires knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, terminology and practices, use of legal reference material, and law office procedures. Skills required include the ability to reason logically, analyze situations, recommend an effective course of action, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, draft transactional documents, and obtain and report information received through research and investigation.
- Familiar with drafting, filing and searching for Charter documents for corporations, LLC’s, and other entities
- Preparing and filing UCC’s and obtaining certificates of good standing in various states
- Prepare governing documents and minute books, including: by laws, operating agreements, stock certificates and ledgers
- Track and document client securities issuances and transfers in ownership ledger and capitalization table
- Obtain copies of documents filed with land records in various states; obtaining plats, drafting requests for and obtaining zoning compliances in various states and drafting deeds and promissory notes
- Possess and maintain extensive understanding of transactional paralegal work
- Research, draft, review documents, and legal opinions related to practice area
- Communicate directly with attorneys, clients and outside counsel on active matters as necessary to resolve issues and keep projects on track.
- Prepare and organize closing documents
- Attend and participate in closings
- Track, follow-up, and record post-closing documents
- Communicate with Secretary of State, IRS, SEC, and various county deed recording offices
- Provide cross-office support
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Maintain up to date working knowledge of the Corporate practice area
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with firm attorneys, opposing counsel, clients, firm management and peers
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, organized and demonstrate initiative on a consistent basis
- Must have ability to multi-task, problem solve and organize
- Must be available to occasionally work overtime including evenings and weekends, as necessary
- Must be flexible, demonstrating the ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced working environment
- Must be able to keep client matters confidential
- Experience in a large law firm environment or extensive transactional (business & real estate) experience preferred
- Must have a professional and pleasant demeanor as they communicate with clients and attorneys
- Ability to manage client expectations
- Knowledge of CARTA or other electronic records software a plus
- Legal project management experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a transactional paralegal
- Corporate and real estate experience preferred
In addition to the essential functions outlined above:
- Individual in this position will provide additional assistance and support as directed by their supervisor
- Job may require occasional travel to the firm’s other offices and for external events
- This job description is subject to change at any time
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Trustpoint One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, seek qualified applicants and make personnel decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minneapolis, MN 55402: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)