Trustpoint One has partnered with the a United States Attorney's Office in their search for several skilled Law Clerks! This FULLY REMOTE position is a year-long contract with potential for extensions up to 4 years.
Although remote, candidates must to be located in the DC Metro area, and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Excellent opportunity to work with a government agency and build your resume!
JDs and 2L’s encouraged to apply!!
Job Description is below:
- Reviews documents, creates indices, and summarizes the documents for analysis. The discovery review would involve reviewing documents, creating databases, coding, creating indices, and summarizing the documents for analysis.
- Performs complex legal research.
- Prepares draft legal documents (ie-motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc. )
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege.
- Assists attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- Works on criminal investigations (including researching and writing on issues arising in contentious litigation such as prosecutorial misconduct) of health care and tax crimes.
- At least 2 years of law school OR a JD (ABA accredited schools only)
- Experience with Relativity, Concordance, iConnect, Eclipse
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.