Veterans Benefits Paralegal
Great opportunity for an experienced Veterans Benefits Paralegal to join a leading law firm in this practice area in their Central New Jersey office on a direct hire basis. The firm’s practice is exclusively limited to federal matters involving veterans and their dependents anywhere in the world, and the paralegal will work closely with the firm’s attorneys and clients. If you have substantial paralegal experience working with Veterans Benefits, this position could be performed on a remote basis after a one week in office training period. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handle complex Veterans Benefits case management;
- Collect, examine, and organize legal documents for attorney review and case preparation;
- Prepare and proofread legal documents and correspondence;
- Manage, organize, and maintain documents in electronic filing systems;
- Research, gather, analyze, and compile information and documents to assist in advising Veterans throughout the benefits administration process;
- Work with attorneys in the identification, interviewing, and preparation of witnesses and collection of documents;
- Provide general assistance to attorneys, and prepares summaries of factual findings, legal research, and/or sequential and chronological events for attorneys;
- Interpret and understand relevant federal regulations and case law;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
- Assist with all other needs as requested.
- 3+ years of experience as a paralegal handling either veterans’ benefits or plaintiff's personal injury, medical malpractice, workers compensation, social security disability.
- Possess excellent writing skills, communications skills, and ability to get along with co-workers and management.
- Capable of learning new material and adapting to the fast-paced environment of federal regulations that are changing rapidly, working as part of a team, being responsible for his/her own duties, and reporting to a supervising manager and attorney.
- Demonstrated experience exercising professional judgement and analytical abilities.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks with great efficiency and accuracy.
- Exceptional phone etiquette and excellent communication skills when handling clients is essential.
- Microsoft Office/Adobe Pro proficient.
This position offers the priceless benefit of working at a law firm that is making a difference in the lives of its clients, and offers the opportunity to do meaningful work that is rewarding and changes clients’ lives.
If you would like to learn more about the Veterans Benefits Paralegal position available in Central New Jersey, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.