Trustpoint One is assisting a client in higher education with its search for a temporary Visa Specialist. The ideal candidate will have a legal background and work in Los Angeles.
Visa Specialist/Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
- Drafts and prepares complex letters of support, correspondence, petitions, applications and forms to government agencies;
- Reviews and analyzes incoming cases for completeness and accuracy. Monitors progress for special and/or complex cases.
- Responds to various departments and other concerned parties on procedures and materials necessary for completing applications for temporary employment, labor certification and permanent residence for prospective foreign national employees.
- Consults and analyzes case specifics with Director.
- Maintains various filing systems and documentation related to the hiring of foreign national employees.
- Liaise and coordinates with outside counsel for various immigration matters between the foreign national and the department, including by not limited to communication, reviewing, submitting forms, documents, and billing. Monitors the status and the progress of outsourced case.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Paralegal certificate or Juris Doctor preferred.
- 5 years of Business Immigration experience including H-1B, TN, O-1, E-3.
- Special Handling PERM experience.
- Proficiency Immigration Tracker (software platform).
If you would like to learn more about the Visa Specialist position in Los Angeles, please submit your resume in Word format.