Take the quiz and find out.
1. Do case teams routinely operate independently and engage multiple vendors without your input?
2. Do you find yourself having to deal with (track, revise, negotiate) multiple invoices from multiple vendors?
3. When submitting projects to your vendor are you subject to a queue you do not manage?
4. Do you feel lit/practice support time is not valued and written off to placate attorneys and clients?
5. Do you feel firm and client data is everywhere? Is it challenging to get case teams to delete data on the network for a long period of time? Would you like the ability to manage your storage footprint?
6. Do you get push back on residual hosting costs and higher per unit costs from case teams and clients?
7. Are you so bogged down managing vendors or menial tasks like processing data, creating searches, pushing buttons, you are unable to offer higher level consulting to case teams and work on cool stuff?
8. Has it been cost prohibitive to bring technology in-house?
9. Do you have tools in-house that are a challenge to manage? Do you have scalability issues? Are you relegated to running 1 process at a time i.e., experience latency issues when running a complex search?
10. Do data security and liability concerns keep you up at night?
Well, maybe Managed Solutions isn’t a perfect fit. We might suggest Custom Solutions.
You are right in the middle. It’s quite possible managed solutions can solve some things for you.
Basically, managed solutions was designed for exactly your situation. We should seriously talk.