Great opportunity for a paralegal with real estate and homeowners’ association experience to join a growing law firm in the Minneapolis suburbs on a direct hire basis. This position is required to work on-site in the firm’s location in Hennepin County, Minnesota. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts.
- Drafts legal documents; compiles, analyzes and summarizes data, perform legal research through computerized networks; may utilize software applications/databases to manage complex legal matters; and has client contact.
- Foreclosing mortgages (residential and commercial).
- Association assessment liens.
- Attend meetings with client(s) and conduct follow-up meetings with client(s) as necessary throughout case.
- Maintain general contact with the client, so long as the client is aware of the status and function of the paralegal.
- Prepares correspondence of a confidential nature
- Client contact through correspondence, e-mail and phone
- Obtains and maintains working knowledge of area of practice
- Enters time into firm software
- Has knowledge/is familiar with specialized legal policies, procedures, formats and terminology.
- Assists the firm’s attorneys in the delivery of legal services.
- May also, under the supervision of a lawyer, perform substantive legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts.
- Utilizes software and/or web-based applications/databases to obtain and analyze property title reports and other details necessary to collection of amounts due to the client, schedule service of process, etc. to manage complex legal matters
- Conducts investigations and documentary research.
- Conducts legal research.
- Author and sign correspondence provided the paralegal status is clearly indicated and the correspondence does not contain independent legal opinions or legal advice.
- The paralegal would occasionally draft and/or prepare mechanic's liens, satisfactions, and lien waivers for the entire firm.
- Upkeep of procedure manual (for department).
- Training of personnel on procedures and database usage (as needed)
- Maintain firm forms (for department).
- Completing the Annual Renewal with the Secretary of State. Occasionally a Change of Registered Agent or Address application.
- Primary firm contact for basic real estate documentation: warranty deeds, mortgages, etc., gathering the necessary information and drafting the documents for attorney review.
- Secondary primary non-attorney firm contact for community association collections through lien foreclosure.
- Must have 3+ years of prior legal experience, including real estate and HOA experience.
- Must be able to work independently and act with tact and good judgment.
- Must be proactive and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Must have strong computer, proofreading and word processing skills.
- Organization skills and attention to details a must.
If you would like to learn more about the Real Estate Paralegal position in Hennepin County, Minnesota, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.
Trustpoint.one provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.