Real Estate Paralegal / Lease Administrator
Trustpoint.One is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal / Lease Administrator for a position with our Real Estate Development Company client in Richmond, Virginia.
Here is a brief overview of the position and what it entails:
Reports directly to the Portfolio Manager; Interacts with CEO, CFO, CPA and Board Members; Responsible for communication between multiple parties to include construction contractors and other external entities. Must maintain positive communication skills throughout the organization. This role will also function in support of CEO and others as needed. Individual will be a self starter, self motivated, have ability to work w/ others as well as on a solo basis, maintain a professional demeanor flexible within an ever changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Portfolio Manager and Accounting Department on day to day
- Maintain information and provide same on weekly progress meetings
- Manage and maintain all files for contractors, trades, plans for same, correspondence for same and all other outside entities
- Assist and support accounting needs in relation to lien waivers, draw documents and certifications
- General correspondence to internal and external customers/clients/contractors through email, letters etc
- Maintain and manage file sharing between various internal and external parties
- Provide administrative assistance to CEO, CFO and Board Members as requested
- Maintain open and positive communication with all parties
- Develop and maintain an organized and controlled information flow on projects and potential projects and associated needs
- Analyzing lease expenditures – including operating costs, CAM expenses, property taxes and utilities – and taking action to adjust those expenditures where possible and appropriate.-Managing key dates and lease options proactively, to allow for enough time to make critical decisions.
-Managing and monitoring payment terms to ensure rental payments are made/received when due.
-Facilitating, receiving, and responding to requests for tenant alterations to leased space.
-Administering and executing amendments to existing leases.
-Reporting on key terms, provisions, and performance of leases.
-Ensuring corporate governance compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP requirements.
-Evaluating and auditing the lease portfolio to identify potential issues.
Background and Qualifications
- Some college preferred w/ vocational training for business
- Full time position
- 3-5 years experience in a law firm, construction firm, or related business
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Excel and Word
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.