Great opportunity for an experienced Trusts & Estates Paralegal to join a top law firm, either in their New Haven or Hartford, CT office, on a direct hire basis. This paralegal is responsible for the preparation of court filings, estate and fiduciary accountings, and tax returns (including Forms 1041, 706, and related New York and Connecticut forms).
- 10+ years of experience in estate and trust administration and related tax return preparation required.
- Experience with Connecticut Probate filings is required; experience with New York Surrogate’s Court filings is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Paralegal Certificate or Accounting degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to work under deadlines and handle several assignments at one time, as well as the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and be comfortable working directly with clients.
- Must have experience using Microsoft Office (with proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook). Experience with FAS and ProSeries preferred.
- Must demonstrate a positive and professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Must be a notary public or be willing to become one.
If you would like to learn more about the Trusts & Estates Paralegal position available in New Haven or Hartford, CT, then please submit your resume, in Word format, by clicking the Apply Now button.